Bass Engine – VST / AU – Hip Hop Bass Plug-In
In our experience there are generally two types of bass synth, the 30Gb monsters that have twelve velocity layers on each note, multiple round robins and an unlimited number of options or the contemporary plug-ins that are aimed at electronic producers who love the real low end bass and electronic sound. Bass Engine is the brand new alternative…
Three Decades of Hip Hop Bass
With Bass Engine we have studied the last three decades of Hip Hop production and have the selected the most representative bass sounds of that era. These basses include everything from dusty jazzy upright bass to floor shaking 808’s and everything in between.
The 1990’s were the golden era of Hip Hop, common production techniques involved the heavy use of sampling with machines such as the MPC 60 MKII or the SP-1200. Bass lines where usually made with bass notes and lines sampled from old Funk, Soul and RnB 12” vinyl records.
The first 100 presets in Bass Engine represent this unique sound so be prepared for crackly upright basses, deep Moog tones, live electric samples and abstract jazzy bass sounds.
During the 2000’s Production techniques changed slightly with more and more producers using hardware bass synths to achieve a nice deep and punchy sound. The Emu Mo’ Phatt was a popular rack module among some while the ASR-10 and MPC 3000 samplers were still heavily used by the traditional cratediggers.
The second 100 presets in Bass Engine represent this smoother sound so you will discover deep dirty basses, solid sub’s, fat Triton patches and clean vinyl cuts.
The 2010’s have been dominated by the synth, sub-bass and 808 sound. Whether its Hip Hop, Trap, Dubstep or even Reggae. These highly produced yet deep ‘n’ dirty bass sounds have been devastating clubs and festivals throughout the world.
The final 100 presets include twenty different 808’s, Moog Prodigy Subs, Warm MS-20 deep vibes and a whole collection of low end, heavy basses.
- 300 Pre-eq’ed Hip Hop bass instruments including 20 fat 808’s
- Unrivalled collection of the Finest USABLE Hip Hop bass instruments ever!
- 50 Hip Hop MIDI basslines included featuring a selection of styles and keys
- Built in pitch, pan, glide and volume controls
- Built in flexible ADSR controls
- Built in Hi & Lo pass filter
- Mono, Poly and Legato modes.
- Ultra low CPU usage [perfect if you own a laptop / tablet / low spec PC/MAC]
- Ultra fast patch loading [flick through patches in lightening quick times]
- Program your basslines manually or use a MIDI/USB controller/keyboard/MPD
Buy Now / Digital Download
If you have any problems ordering from our website please remember, ALL of our software is also available from the worlds largest music software distributor PLUGINBOUTIQUE.COM for the same retail price.
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Audio Unit is a trademark of Apple, Inc.